In celebration of our 73rd Anniversary Lion Steve Pellerin organized a special program of storytelling at our April 3rd regular meeting. During the past year our Fonthill Lions Club has enjoyed a reemergence that with a 50%+ increase in our membership.
The evening of reminiscing was a wonderful opportunity for our newer members to learn more about the legacy of our Fonthill Lions Club as our longer-term members highlighted some of their memories and special moments of being part of the Lion Pride.
Here’s a few snippets to give you a glimpse into the life of a Lion
- Fun activities (donkey baseball, camel rides)
- Staying late and being together at the Club
- Running Big events – Walkathons, Carnivals,
- Past members remembered
- How did I become a member so easily?
- Enjoying yourself
- Memories, good memories
- Wheatfield, NY Lions Club – Twin club – Hands across the border
- Best friends, working with people you have fun with
- New era, women in the club
- ‘Fred, you’ve changed my life’
- International convention – it’s a must see
- Couldn’t speak the language but we were treated well by the Mexicans
- Friendship conventions
- Good friends
- Helping out people without a ride home
- How do we turn on the baseball lights?
- Be at the club before Robert, or you are late for the meeting!
- 50 years of being a Lion -I came here around 1969 & I was very welcome
- You want to charge US to use the Pit!?
- We paid $14K for this property
- He sobered up and wanted his pig back!
- We raffled off a full Thanksgiving dinner – Live Turkey and fresh vegetables
- There’s nothing like being a Lion
Our Club is in a rebuilding phase. We welcome new members to join us and help us keep doing what we do best – serving others. As a Fonthill Lion (#Fonthillion), you’ll join a local group of service-minded men and women who work together to strengthen our community.
The Fonthill Lions Club meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at the Fonthill Lions Hall, 103 Hurricane Rd., (at Hwy 20)
We welcome you to come out to our 1st meeting in February (Tuesday Feb. 6th – 6:30 Dinner is on us! ) To register your attendance please contact Fred Arbour: 289-214-2616 or Doug Gaylor: 289-820-8089 or drop us a line via firstname.lastname@example.org